We've been married 2007-06-16 14:30:00 GMT-04:00

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tents, Floors, and Soft Ground

I am just writing this to notify everyone of some minor updates to the website, as well as make a point.

First, we have placed a link on the right which leads to our wedding planner's website. Thus far she has done an outstanding job, and if she continues to do so, I will have no compunction about wholeheartedly recommending her for those of you yet to marry, and would consider the Montreal area. ;)

Second, I altered the "logo" image on top, so it should have the same background color as the rest of the page. (Wow. Good job.)

Lastly, I want to discuss high heels. For some reason, women always wear strappy little high heels to weddings ("Oooh, they're SO cuuuute!"), regardless of the pain which is inevitable once they step on the dance floor. A man like me may never understand. I suppose the closest analogy I can use to explain it to myself is that it's like ice climbing in the deep of winter: sometimes, you get cold. It might be -10F (-23C), with 20+mph (32+kph) winds, and the snow is blowing in your face while you work your way up a 60' frozen waterfall. Yeah, you might be having tons of fun, but you are probably a bit uncomfortable, so you suck it up in the name of fun. I imagine, with heels, you suck up the foot pain in the name of fashion. Different priorities I guess.

So therefore I need to mention to all the lovely ladies out there that our reception is outdoors. There is a lot of grass, on actual dirt, that you will have to walk on. Heels sink into dirt and grass. This means: 1) Your shoes will get dirty; 2) Your feet may get a little dirty; 3) You won't be able to walk. Therefore, Yilin wants to get little Chinese sandals for all of the women to change into upon arrival at the reception site. It is not mandatory, but you'll probably ditch your heels halfway into the second song once the dancing starts anyway... Guys, I suppose you could change into little Chinese sandals, too.

Hey, that's not a bad idea... Since I'll be wearing a suit, I'll probably be sweating like Oprah in a 10k road race. I think I will ditch my shoes in favor of sandals now. Thanks for the idea, honey. :)

Anyway, it will make walking on the grass over to the tent(s) much easier, and dancing will be more fun. Unless you prefer barefoot. Then by all means, throw your shoes into the pond and tear it up!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to wear some pretty Chinese slippers as I dance the night away with your Dad!

Friday, 28 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a life size cardboard cutout for that too in a Saturday Night Fever pose so while you are dancing with cardboard me I will be relaxing and drinking.

Friday, 28 July, 2006  
Blogger hkim said...

Slippers! Awesome.
However, I wore my 4-inch trashy white shoes throughout my entire wedding, including dancing. Remember those? I just threw them out. This resulted in me not being able to properly walk for the next few days. (A very sad thing when you really want to hike Mt. Rainer.)

Tuesday, 08 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the men should wear tabi boots or geta sandals, though I think both are specific to Japanese culture?

Wednesday, 09 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home